1. Each entry can be submitted by an individual or a group. In the case of a group submission, event organizer can only communicate to one person that will represent the whole group.
2. Copyright of each short film submitted has to be owned by the person submitting or permission must have been obtained from the original owner.
3. Each entry must be submitted online with one application before November 30th, 2011.
4. The duration of the film must be 20 minutes or less, including credits.
5. Film has to be in English or subtitled in English.
6. Filmmakers are responsible for obtaining the rights of music, graphics, and any other works of art included in their film. To be considered for the competition, entry has to fulfill the thematic requirement which is “conservation, life, culture, heritage, and people.” Please explain as clearly as possible on how your film fulfills this requirement.
7. 2 copies of DVD (PAL or NTSC), synopsis, director profile, Crew profile and actor/s profile must be sent to the festival via express mail.
8. Finalists will be contacted and requested to send (if needed) the short film in DVD PAL format, which have to reach the organizer by January 1st, 2012.
9. The winner will be announced in the closing time of the Kuala Lumpur International Short Film Festival in February 1st 2012.